I’m having a hard time processing the fact that it’s June. And that it’s almost the third Sunday in June, i.e. Father’s Day, which falls on the 21st this year. So, if you’re like me, you probably haven’t bought the important men in your life cards yet. I’ve done us all a favor and picked a few of the best for all of your dads, granddads, stepdads, baby daddies, etc. And trust me, I spent about 4,823 hours reading about the National Stationary Show on Oh So Beautiful Paper so these really are the crème de la crème.
1. This Anchor card from hello! Lucky letterpress is perfect for the man in your life who keeps you grounded and, if you’re lucky, takes you on sunset cruises around the lake. Or sea for you non-Michiganders.
2. For the outdoorsy dads, I like Idlewood Co’s “Dad is so Fly” card, which is masculine but pretty at the same time.
3. I didn’t have a hamster but I did have a gerbil named Jenny who used to “escape” at least once a week and each rescue mission was more daunting than the last. For all the dads who had to lead such harrowing expeditions, or deal with less than ideal boyfriends, this Emily McDowell Studio card is for you.
4. Playing cards, especially the game of Euchre, was always a part of my family gatherings. Maybe that’s why I love this France’s Lab card so much but it’s also simple and sweet and great for all the card shark dads out there.
5. When I was making this list I realized that I’m at an age where a lot, and I mean a lot, of my friends are having babies. On purpose. So I needed a card for those of you who are married to dads. It’s a concept I’m still adjusting to but this was my favorite because wanting to make a person with another person is the biggest compliment you can give them. Thanks, laLa Grace for summing it up with gold foil.
Cheers to all the dads out there, especially mine. I wouldn’t be who I am today without your support. Have the happiest Father’s Day and don’t forget to check your mail!